Tuesday, November 01, 2005

daily challenge

so every morning, i have a rule.

i don't care how much i'm in a hurry or how much i don't want to. my rule is: i'm not allowed to get out of bed and do anything until i've pulled the scale out from under my bed and stepped onto it. saturday's are the trickiest, b/c not only do i make myself get on the scale, but that's the day i've been writing down my weight every week for the past 10 months to keep track of progress.

all in all, i think it's a good habit. it's not obsessive. i'm not like excited at all to do it. but if i know i'm going to be keeping tabs of how i'm doing daily, it's much harder for me to "take a day off" and just be a complete slacker or put complete junk food in myself for a day. sure i had cake at my cousin's wedding last month. sure i go out with scott from time to time for drinks and crazy food... i figure no life change is worth making if i can't keep it up, and occasional ridiculous things are part of the deal. but it's much harder to slack in general when i know i'm keeping tabs on myself every single day.

doing this EVERY morning doesn't sound like it's that hard. it's less than 10 seconds of my day.

but i dare you. try it.

if you're at all not perfectly happy with your personal size and shape, some days it can be a lot more of a mental challenge than you would expect.

the end.

No comments: