Thursday, November 03, 2005

when it rains, it pours?

so after the knee incident last night, one would hope things get happier, but here's my day so far:

* i woke up every time i moved in my sleep last night wincing in pain from my right knee... it's not happy with me. it doesn't even hurt where the bump is below the knee cap -- it hurts along the outside of my knee whenever i bend it... this sucks.

* dentist appointment just now -- it was my first dentist visit in a year and a half... my first time to visit a dentist in NJ instead of the family dentist in TN... the first time i'd gone to the dentist on my own insurance. this new dentist will be fine but he wasn't very personable. the only two dentists i've had in my life (both in TN) were both very friendly and personable and would talk to me while they worked and be friendly. the hygenist was efficient and talked a little, but not much more than what she needed to ask and tell me about my teeth while she was working on them. my whole interaction with the dentist himself was, he came in and said nothing, so i said "hello", and then he nodded... looked through my mouth and said "#3 occlusal" or something like that, paused, and said to me "you have one cavity" and left. not mean, just less than chatty. so tuesday i'm going back for a filling. hopefully he'll say more than 4 words to me then. i guess i've been lucky to have really friendly calming dentists in the past... this'll work, and it needs to since this is where i live and have health insurance now, but blah... i'll miss dr. hart (in TN).

* got an estimate from goodyear... they did nearly $850 of work last weekend, while advising me i needed engine work too and they'd give me an estimate later in the week... looks like this weekend i'll be spending another $750... at least my car will be as good as new before thanksgiving though?

so yeah... between the dentist (not one of my favorite things to do even when it was dr. hart), the shooting pain in my knee (which is improving but is still a pain, no pun intended), and the fact that my car is going to nearly max out my capital one card on saturday, yeah... i've had better days.

lunch, office hours, seminar, dinner with my advisor and crew...

later dudes.

No comments: