Sunday, November 27, 2005

things that make me smile

* as i walked into church today, gail, a lady about my mom's age who was in "new member class" with me 2 years ago stopped me to comment "you've lost so much weight this year -- you look fantastic! i've been meaning to say something for a bit but i wanted to make sure you really were who i thought you were -- you look like a whole new person!"

* paul, another math grad student who i give a ride to church every week, shared his homemade leftover pumpkin pie with me after church. usually we chat in the car and then don't really run into each other until the next week. but, he commented, pie was made to be shared, so he might as well share it instead of making himself sick. whatever the motivation, free pumpkin pie is never bad.

* leigh played skipbo with me before getting to work this afternoon and i actually won for once (she's a sneaky opponent)

now, to get to work.

later dudes.

No comments: