Monday, November 28, 2005

november 28

today would have been grandma schumann/fischer's 77th birthday if she were alive today. the last several years, we've had joint thanksgiving/g-ma's birthday celebrations at her nursing home north of pittsburgh, but obviously this year the latter part was missing.

at any rate, here's a hodgepodge of g-ma memorabilia that's actually with me instead of at my parents house:

yay for family?


confirmation day


unlike my other grandma, this grandma wrote me more than half a sentence cards :)


roadtrips with grandma were always fun... with her legally blind getup before her cataract surgery, grandpa always called her "the happy hitchhiker" :P


grandma's 2nd wedding -- isn't she pretty?


all us family type people


g-ma, post first stroke -- still the same sense of humor and fantastic smile


home, sweet nursing home


just one more


so many things to admire about her... but most of all her faith:


... i just hope some day i'm half the person she was... she really was my hero.

and hey, for the first time in years, she's having the best birthday celebration ever. :)

happy birthday to my grandma.

the end.

No comments: