Thursday, November 10, 2005

eh

so my brother isn't coming to visit anymore.

i had been way excited about him coming for a couple weeks,... he had asked time off to actually come this next monday.

then hurricane wilma hit florida and work asked all the memphis crews (he installs satellite dishes with dish network) to go down to florida and help with repairs, so he decided he'd come the 19th-24th and hang with me for a weekend and then go with me to pittsburgh for thanksgiving at my aunt's house.

today he calls me and says all the other teams from other areas were going back home but there was still a lot of work and so memphis was still staying put to help in florida and he can't really come anymore.

i know that it's important to help out people who are lacking in the infrastructure that they had up before and he's doing a good thing and he needs the money... but his comment to me when he called to tell me he can't come was "at least i'll have enough $$ to buy you a nice ipod with lots of memory for christmas"... i don't want stuff though (not that it's not fun to have)... i want to hang out with my brother. people are much more important than the stuff.

so i'm a bit bummed. no brother til i go home for christmas which a little bit sucks.

oi.

dinner with today's experimental math speaker, and then here for apprentice and math work... aren't you jealous?

later dudes.

No comments: