Monday, November 07, 2005

heroes of the weekend

by the way, major props to:

(1) leigh -- on friday night, when i was all grumpy, after she finished the movie she had rented, she appeared at the door of my room and just said "so i'm going to read now -- what book am i reading?", and we picked out 2 of my dr. seuss books for her to read to me just to make me laugh before she went on to her own stuff to read. i was amused. leigh is a good friend.

(2) the current radio DJ... i spend a lot of time listening to the local christian radio station... when i first moved here, all my radios were set to 99.7 (my favorite memphis station), so the first thing they picked up in my new place in jersey was 99.1. unlike some christian stations, i don't get tired of these guys regularly,.. i like a lot of their usual spots, and i usually enjoy the DJs rather than them getting on my nerves. the 10am-2pm gal has a regular spot called "beth's book club" where she gives away some newly published books that have come across her desk to the first caller who guesses something or another right. one of the books today had a really cool title, so i looked it up in amazon, and ended up buying it just based on the recommendations there -- mostly because it looked like it addressed exactly things that have been bugging me a lot lately and it would be good food for thought. i'll mention it by title if it really is as good as it appears to be. :)

i think that's all the shoutouts for now. if sarah can help me figure out stuff for tropical seminar, she will soon top the list later this afternoon... we shall see. ;)

later dudes

No comments: