Saturday, April 24, 2004

dude, where's my... motivation?

i've been productive today -- woke up at 8 ready to go even though the alarm wasn't set to go off til 10

putzed around and did some minor baking and washed dishes... balanced checkbook and other such fun...

had an appointment for an oil change at 11... went to that... i like the goodyear here... the guys at the memphis one are nice enough but always seem to find something worth a few hundred dollars of work that "needs to be fixed asap"... my parents still go there... i do when i'm in town, but the guys at the jersey location i've been going to are (1) nicer, (2) give me an update on my car so i know they check it, but don't make up stuff to fix (3) take appointments so they're faster... i don't mind sitting around and reading for half an hour while they work if they're not pushy and don't talk to me like i'm ignorant of all things automobile-related... i'm not a mechanic, but i know my way around any engine.

went grocery shopping and had sushi for lunch... it was a party =) jenny sent me stuff to make my own which i think will be a fun finals week project for me... so far scott and ben are interested in sharing in the fun... we'll see how this works!

in the meantime i *have* to get going on my stupid lie groups presentation... i basically understand the dynamics of the theorem i have to prove, but need to look up a lot of stuff and come up with an example of how it works... lots of work, but i have absolutely no motivation when it's this nice outside!

wish me luck. later.

No comments: