Wednesday, November 03, 2004

good news!

an email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Lara,
I am very impressed by your performance in my class, and your computer-whizardy
(and of course math-wizardy). Since Vince and Mohamud expect to graduate in the
Spring, I am looking for new grad students. If you are not committed yet,
and think that you might be interested in choosing me as an advisor, the
algorithm is to sign up for a reading course with me in the spring and start
doing research. If you still have to take core courses, then you can
sign up to my Math587 class, and we can do the reading coures unoficially,
or incorporate it with the course.

Of couse, I perfectly understand if you rather work in different areas,
or with someone else,
but I just thought that I should let you know that I am currently looking for
new students, and, if you are interested, I'll be glad to try working together.

Best wishes
Dr. Z.

[Doron Zeilberger]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(lara's note: dr. z. has been my favorite prof at rutgers so far and does math i'm very interested in... i've been trying extra hard in his class so that i could approach him after the january qual about being a potential advisor, but how much cooler is this?!?!?)

No comments: