Sunday, November 28, 2004

two stories

(1) last night, i'm getting ready for bed when i get an IM from my friend shalom in hungary telling me "go to bed, why on earth are you still up?"... it was 8:30am for her (and thus 2:30am for me) and she was getting ready to go to church... while it was still saturday night chatting time for me... it's a small world :-P... and i live in my own time zone :-P

(2) i pick up my friend paul for church each week since his car died a couple months ago... he likes my church so much he's decided to join it, which is very cool since he's been in jersey a year longer than me and hadn't found a place he was comfortable joining yet :-P

anywho, today he asks me if he can borrow some cash to put in the offering and then we can stop by an ATM on the way home for him to pay me back... fine.

this was a first though. we stick his card in, punch the pin, ask for the balance and the ATM prints out a receipt "your card is invalid, we have retained it for your protection"... the stupid thing stole his ATM card! i've never seen that happen before ever... we laughed the whole way home about it. apparently that happened to him once in europe too... what are the odds?

go figure... back to homework... later dudes.

No comments: