Thursday, April 14, 2005

go figure

so my aunt priscilla IMed me last night with "do you have time for a quick note?" while i was out of the room and signed off immediately 2 minutes later.

on one hand, i could infer that she was in a hurry and rushing off elsewhere on account of an emergency... on the other i could just infer that she was busy... i tried her cell and left a message (it was off the 3-4 times i tried throughout yesterday evening), and i got no answer at her house the couple of times i tried... so last night, that question and then nothing... i was severely wondering what was up.

this morning, my mom IMed me to ask if pris had called me last night, because she (mom) had heard nothing... no joke, the instant i closed mom's IM window, my phone rang with my aunt calling.

apparently the whole deal yesterday was that my aunt was NOT going to the hospital to see grandma because grandma was being released back to her nursing home. my aunt plans to visit her there tonight.

both pris and my comment was "huh... go figure... got me"

for all the "she's so frail, and barely breathing, and barely able to eat, everything's so precarious" all week, i'm frankly completely amazed that this happened.

mom's comment this morning (before hearing from pris) was that her gut told her nothing about what's going on, but if this is the end she just wants it to come quickly. ditto from me.

grandma's suffered plenty in the past few years. i think the different thing this go around (bouts of her being "sicker" and then better enough to hang out in the nursing home again have happened in cycles for the past 5 years) is that i'm finally able to say "yeah, i'm ready to let go", in a way my head has been preparing to grieve, for something that's looking like is not going to happen just yet, which don't get me wrong, is good... i'm just emotionally exhausted right now.

gotta get ready for class... later dudes :-P

1 comment:

J C said...

Maybe becoming "emotionally exhausted" is not because of what is happening for whatever reason but is trying to determine a 'reason' for what is happening. Some things just happen, some for no apparent reason.

For what reason does the sun rise, clear on some days and clouded on others; some leaves fall in the autumn, some do not. Some people like the taste of watermelon, some don't.

Maybe those cycles do not happen because grandma is 'ready to let go.' Maybe they 'just happen.' Maybe you need to stop grieving ahead of time. Maybe there's no 'reason' to do that. Maybe you'll feel better.