Saturday, April 09, 2005

new stuff

background: at christmas, my parents gave me a fairly large wad of cash and told me it was designated for buying new clothes (this probably had something to do with the fact that at thanksgiving in pittsburgh i purposely wore sweaters with holes and bleachspots and pointed out that i was in need of new clothes to my mom throughout the weekend ;-) )

anyhow, me being perpetually running low on cash, i had gradually spent all the clothes $$ from christmas via putting a $10 or a $20 in my wallet when money was running low.

today as my reward to myself for hitting a major goal i made for myself months ago (to not be named just now as it's an ongoing project), i decided to go clothes shopping and get a few other things i've been needing for a bit -- just in the amount that my parents had originally given me earmarked for clothes.

if you don't pay enough attention to my habits, there's about ONE day a year i'm in the mood for clothes shopping and today happened to be it.

so my day went something like this:
*wake up
*pay bills
*sort through a week's worth of mail
*shower, lunch, laundry, sweep my room
*go to get a haircut but was told there was an hour wait (oops)
*go to kohls, and spend an hour there finding the best pair of black dress pants ever, and a decent pair of khaki's but no luck on shirts and long line to the fitting room so i left with just the pants to start
*met up with ben for a 4pm showing of "the upside of anger" -- quirky film, but worth seeing
*get out of movie around 6:30, tell ben about my morning and that i'm still in need of shirts... he comments that he needs shirts too so if i go somewhere with a men's section he's game... we go to another kohls where i got a black tank top (been in need of one), a nice blue button down shirt, an orangy-pink shirt and a green shirt, and a beige poncho (i've been wanting one for awhile) -- *NOW* i've officially spent my christmas $$ :-P
*went to staples and invested in a decent paper shredder... i've been collecting papers i need to shred for forever, now i can unfill some of the boxes full of such papers :-P
*went to walmart where ben and i each got new sunglasses
*came home and did a mini-fashion show for my roommates -- results below :-P
*am now writing to my blog after 12 hours of running around and getting absolutely no math done.

enjoy: (notice that you can click on the pictures to see them better in a new window)

my new paper shredder -- woohoo :-P


new $5 sunglasses, ben approved


new outfit 1: new khakis and orangy-pink shirt (the green shirt is almost identical)


new outfit 2: new spiffy black pants, new black tank top, and new khaki poncho


new outfit 3: same as outfit 2, only with my new blue shirt instead of the poncho (check out the fabric on it -- it has a cool print :-P)


and that's that.

in other news, on the way home, ben answered the phone when my aunt priscilla called with the grandma update (i was driving in busy traffic). last night the scoop was that g-ma was fairly stable, but her blood sugar (which had been 326 the previous day) was still in the high 200s and they still really needed to get that down before she went anywhere, but mostly it looked ok-ish.

i didn't get to hear aunt pris's tone for myself, but ben's relay of her message didn't sound good -- g-ma's resumed throwing up and it's changed in color from brown to black (i.e. more blood) and although before it was from her esophogas, ben's version of the message sounded like they didn't know the source this time.

we'll see what happens -- this one's nowhere but God's hands.

10pm... maybe i should think about dinnertime :-P

later dudes

No comments: