Friday, April 29, 2005

well, *that*'s new

so, if you know me and have talked to me about my classes in the past two years, you know that my combinatorics professor is exceedingly brilliant and gives wonderful lectures, but impossible homework. i have had him for 3 semesters straight, and do not plan to take his class in the fall for fear that it will be over my head, and because i have other interests... generally i'm a little intimidated by him too, so i generally just leave well enough alone, show up to class every day on time, turn in homework on time, say hi when i see him out of class, and that's it.

today, i ended up coming into the building at the same time as him so we talked the whole way down the hall and through the lobby to the elevator, less tense than my previous dialogues with him have been... that's good, right?

then, halfway through class he commented "it's so hard to figure out exactly what goes in the last lecture of a course", to which we were all like "dude, there's still classes on monday", to which he replied, "but we started as a tuesday/thursday class and changed it... this is my 28th lecture, i refuse to come in on monday,... in 20 minutes, this course is done except for your last homework"...

um, ok... i have no problem with that... it was just a bit of a surprise! :-P

today was just off anyhow, besides rutgersfest, there's the annual math prize exam for undergrads and when we came in for our 9:50 class (described above), all the juniors/seniors had been assigned to take the exam in our classroom, so we had to go on a hunt for another room... adventure indeed...

now, i return to my office, and there's computer people rewiring network cables... to get to my office, i had to jump over three large rings of network cables, under two stepladders, and push my way through a cascade of wires coming down from the ceiling... there's a guy right outside my office door with lots of smaller cables he's cutting or doing something to, and i had to have him move his pile of wires 3 feet down the hall so i could get in the door.

i think i'm going to hide in the graduate lounge; it's obvious 5th floor (where my class was *supposed* to be), and 6th floor (where my office and the network cable fiesta 2005 are) are not good places to be right now :-P

yay weekend?

No comments: