Monday, April 25, 2005

yay for being useful

me: do you remember how my last glass assignment went?

Auto response from steve: fact 1: i've already sort of given myself one extension on this assignment
fact 2: no class tomorrow
fact 3: it's an assignment for prof. glass
fact 4: i don't care about disk architecture
fact 5: did i mention it's an assignment for glass?
fact 6: i can't not get an A
why should i do this assignment again? ok, good point, i'll put it off for another day

me: my advice is don't do it...
me: tammy and i were a "group" for our last assignment for his class my senior year... we spent like 30 hours on what he thought was very simple ALL freaking week the last week of classes... very little sleep... lots of singing billy joel's allentown in the sun computer lab late at night... finished the darn thing
me: during finals week the power was out in gellersen so no one else in the class did it
me: we all got As anyhow
me: it's not worth it
steve: mine is for 246...it's like 5 problems out of the book
steve returned at 12:08:29 AM.
steve: i just have no motivation to do it
me: still, don't do it :-P
me: i have no motivation either
steve: and even if i do it, glass won't get around to grading it by the end of the semester anyways
me: i have 6 days til end of the semester and i can't motivate myself to do my last assignment for each class
me: i've been mixing new CDs for myself :-P
steve: that's fun too :-)
me: this one has two hungarian songs in it :-)
steve: oh man
steve: that's awesome
steve: can you send them to me?
steve: i have movies
steve: and one cd
steve: but there was this one hungarian pop song that they played a lot while i was there
steve: but i could never decipher enough words to figure out what it was called or who sang it
me: ah, that's what i had hungarian friends for :-)
steve: and it was usually just on the radio, so there weren't hungarians around who i could ask about it
steve: and i'd never think of it when i was around the hungarians
me: lol
me: well my songs outdate yours by a little
steve: what kind of hungarian music do you have?
me: (cd name/group) : (hajnal/groovehouse) (uttalan utakon/unique) (the best of communism/various) (a hegedu hercegnoi/princess)
me: first two are kinda techno/electronic
me: last one is an electronic violin trio that bastardizes famous hungarian classical pieces
me: it makes music majors cry
me: and thus i find it highly entertaining
steve: do you have them ripped on your computer?
me: yeah, they're all on my machine
steve: might you be able to IM me a few choice selections?
me: i guess
steve: i could mail you a party in a box
me: i was getting ready to sleep :-P
me: but i can send you maybe 3 for now
me: more later if you want


................
steve: i would attempt to recreate the song i know for you, but well, i'm bad enough at guessing words to songs in my own language, so who knows what i'd come up with in hungarian :-P
me: it could be entertaining
me: i bet zsofi would be able to figure it out :-P

.................
me: this one was also big on radio while i was there
steve: oh man, i can even understand some of the words in this one
steve: i heard this one while i was there a few times
steve: i've been having a very i miss budapest weekend
steve: this makes me smile a lot
me: good :-)
steve: thanks lara, you're the coolest :-D

..................
steve: i'm not going to get any work done tonight because i'm going to try to translate this whole song

..................
me: would you like "lenin-song", a bunch of communist hungarian children singing how they love comrad rakosi, or "the party, the people, our one way" (my hungarian teacher taught us that instead of the little sheep song we were supposed to learn one day in the crash language course :-P)
steve: does it sound anything like the little sheep song?
me: nope
me: it was because he hated the sheep song
steve: ok...let's go lenin then
steve: we had a parody of the sheep song in our skit at the end

....................
me: glad to have been helpful :-)
steve: very much so
me: enjoy the tunes :-P
steve: i will, have a good night, thanks again
me: if you really do want to send me a party in a box, i don't mind ;-)
steve: email me your mailing address
me: ok, night steve klee
steve: this hajnal song is pretty sad
me: yeah well
me: it sounds decievingly upbeat
steve: i know
me: it's a hungarian song ;-)
steve: i like it :-)
me: awesome
me: that song's why i bought that CD :-P
steve: kosz, jo ejszakat
me: szep almokat

..................................
i miss budapest too... hopefully going back in august :-)

now really, night y'all :-P

No comments: