Monday, June 21, 2004

the end of a quality day

half an hour more of it being my birthday -- woohoo.

since the nicole package came, i was moderately productive.

(1) went to campus to see the room i'm giving the lecture in tomorrow and tried out my chocolate on magnets trick again... it looks like it should work alright.

(2) went and got my first more-significant-than-just-a-trim haircut in well over a year -- i told the lady i wanted 2 to 3 inches off, and notice that the ends aren't just the same length -- i like them a little layered... she took like 6 inches off the front, 3 off the back, and did crazy layers everywhere -- jessica says it looks good... i'm still adjusting :-P (i don't doubt her opinion, i just have to get used to it) ;-)

(3) came home and caught up on email ... eric called and sang half the birthday song, brother called and told jokes for a bit, roommate called and sang me a birthday song she personally wrote

(4) got more fun birthday mail

(5) jessica came over! we chatted for a bit between my phone calls this afternoon, then...

(6) all the people who are in town right now came out for dinner with me (john, emily, scott, mike, colleen, and vicki joined me and jessica)... we went to tgi fridays, and scott made the wait staff sing at me, although our waitress forgot the words to their restaurant variation on the birthday song... it was entertaining, even though i kicked scott hard under the table for it =P

(7) after dinner, everyone went home, and jessica and i chatted for another hour before she just headed back to philly

all in all, an enjoyable day... oh! and here's your final silly IM statement of the day:

krispudwell: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to You!!! (Imagine me singing at the top of my lungs...not shouting...or maybe shouting from 1300 miles away????)

heh... i'm officially 23... how weird is that?

night y'all.

No comments: