Sunday, June 20, 2004

quotes

from last night:

ben: lara and me are like kindling -- we ignite the excitement in each other, and act like little kids

(clear in context, sounds kinda shady in print =P)

9:15 this morning
(phone rings)
me: hi grandma! how are you?
grandma pudwell: hi lara! happy birthday!
me: um, thanks
grandma: it is your birthday, isn't it? i just wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday.
me: it's tomorrow, but thanks -- so you are the first :-)
grandma: oh! the 22nd?
me: nope, still the 21st... today's the 20th
grandma: ooooh, well i haven't mailed your card out yet, and i guess i was the first to call you -- have a good day and have a happy birthday tomorrow, i'll talk to you then

(dude, my grandma's great :-))

austin powers (the original one) is on TBS right now... it started while i was finishing lunch... i've only seen it once before (probably in 1998, the year after it came out) and i wasn't the most amused by it then... however, even though some of it i still think is really dumb, i'm actually halfway amused so far this time through... maybe i'll actually stay put and watch the whole thing =P

joy.

later dudes.

No comments: