Wednesday, June 02, 2004

give me a break

i've been working hard today... 10-6 already and plan to be going for awhile yet... i made oatmeal at 11, ate about half and then have been too busy to finish until half an hour ago.. dinner much later. joy.

i just got a telemarketing call... that by itself is ok... the girl was like "you've been entered in a sweepstakes, let me ask these questions..." about if i was single or married, how old i am, etc. i listened to her schpiel patiently, then she started telling me all these things i could have for free plus a discounted magazine subscription "for the low price of $3.45 a week!... now let me tell you lara, just about everyone we've called today has said yes, it's a great offer", and when i said "sorry, but i'm going to have to say no", she hung up on me. i had been nice and polite to her, knowing what it's like to be on the other end of the phone and she just hung up on me... i was glad to be done with the conversation, but how extremely rude!

back to work.

No comments: