Tuesday, June 22, 2004

a thought

just chatted with eric for over an hour again... made one random comment that he remarked was actually mildly profound

me: "so i was telling my mom about the whole sense of rhythm issue, and instead of listening to my whole paragraph, she started counting along with the song on the radio, trying to get me to hear it just by her counting... dude, why does everyone do this? i don't need people to count at me and tell me what i should be hearing... i need people to listen to what i hear and help me figure out how to adjust that!"

eric: "dude, congratulations, i think you've finally clearly phrased the problem with nearly every education system that exists -- people tell people what they should think instead of adapting methods to meet them with where they're at -- good job!"

that's about as much as i'm capable of thinking at 3am... night :-P

No comments: