Monday, June 07, 2004

it's a small world after all

been working away, and now taking a dinner break -- shrimp primavera... and it's at an almost normal dinner time too... i can be good on occasion :-P

obviously, that's not the small world part...

so amanda came home and immediately started cleaning all around me... i felt a little bad, but i was working and i want to get at least 50 more contacts than i presently have before i quit tonight, so i just kept going...

anyhow, while she was cleaning the stairs, some guy showed up... and i recognized his voice! he's the guy who's been around when i've known it's not ron amanda's hanging out with.... mystery solved

what's even funnier... so i'm sitting in front of the TV with my laptop, working away when they come in and then...

amanda: so this is lara, and lara this is my friend ron... yeah, another ron, we're going out to dinner, see you later
ron: hi, actually i think you know one of my roommates
me: really? who?
ron: ben bunting
me: huh... small world

indeed. now i wonder who figured out the connection? as far as i know amanda doesn't know my friends names other than eric, but i could be wrong... maybe it was just the "we both have math graduate roommates" connection... nonetheless, i was amused.

dinnertime.

later dudes. =P

No comments: