Monday, June 21, 2004

she did it again...

i started writing this blog several months after it happened, but by now you should all realize that nicole unrath, one of my roommate's last spring, and one of my best friends throughout undergrad at valpo, died in a car wreck last september.

nicole was always the one person i was guaranteed a long newsy happy birthday card from on time, AND a good long chat the day of my birthday... i'm gonna really miss that.

this year, it's been interesting what reminds me of nicole. a month ago, her mom sent out pictures of nicole's room and asked what each of just a handful of us would like in particular.... ironically, today, on my birthday, i just got the package... bittersweet really... it's hard to sort through stuff that was nicole's and is now mine because she's gone, but on the other hand, even though she's been gone 9.5 months, she still managed to get to me on my birthday.

go figure.

(and now the song that randomly comes on the radio is "we can cry with hope, we can say goodbye with hope, because we know our goodbye is not the end, we can grieve with hope because we believe with hope because there's a place where we'll see your face again" -- not an easy afternoon)

dude, time to be emotional for a bit i guess, and then get going with my day.

later
=)

No comments: